Windermere

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
James,
I realise that this is now a bit of a late response, but Windermere C&CC clubsite is one of our regulars ... but definitely only out of season as it's quite a big site and gets very busy.
It's actually about 7 miles from Windermere, so don't expect to wander into the town of an evening!
There's good walking locally, especially if you prefer the lower-level rambling, but it's also not far from some more strenuous walks.
Dog walking from the site is good, with a public footpath running from the site to Staveley (about 2 miles).
Talking of Staveley, they have 2 excellent pubs - The Eagle and Child, and The Beer Hall (which is inside Hawkshead Brewery).
There's also a small 'pub' on site which does good basic meals.
Let us know what you thought of the site.
John

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello, yes back from C&CC Windermere site now. I must say, what a fantastic site it is! We drove down to Windermere and did some nice walks with fantastic views. This is now firmly on my next summer list. The only slight points are that hard standing pitches do get water logged after heavy rain, and the toilet/shower cleaning time between 10:30 - 12pm is a tad inconvenient. However, on the plus side, i used my shower in the van, and was very impressed!

What is it like in the summer?

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It's very busy during school holidays as it's popular with tenters ... and they now have safari tents and pods which are also very popular - hence we've only been in Feb/March and Oct/Nov.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts