Window blinds

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Our front LH side blind keeps having a kink in it. Have taken it down several times to try get rid of the kink , each time think I have succeeded but later on the kink comes back. The side arms are different height to the RH side ones . If I hold the blind at an angle the kink goes but this angle would make the blind channels one higher than the other by quite a bit . When I take it apart and pull the blind out it seems to have equal tension in that the rolled blind is not uneven . Any ideas guys?.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A long shot! Once straightened out apply heat from a hairdryer, plenty but not a fire! Allow to cool in the straight condition then wind back.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for that, however tried it an d it remained with kink. In the last week it has been so hot in the caravan as the sun is on it most of the time and even then it remained .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am assuming you are referring to roller blinds rather than pleated. If that is the case, it was probably need to be retensioned. There will be lots of videos on youtube about how to do this.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Robert..
I may be totally wrong but I'm wondering if you took the blind off and laid it on a flat surface,then try a pretty warm iron with a damp t.towel onto the blind.
I remember my mum used to do this when taking up the hem on my trousers with that white "webbing stuff"
Just a suggestion.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
The blind being "crooked is my thoughts, that is why I had a go at doing it . As said before they look right after having done it then shortly afterwards the kink is back , very frustrating

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts