Window Cleaning

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Enjoyed the review of cleaning products however what is the best product for Motorhome/Caravan windows to remove/prevent those light scratches please?

Dec 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I have used Auto Glym fast glass, Fenwicks and a couple of others on MoHo.
What I found best was prior to washing MoHo, rinse windows, some Silky on a cloth with water still on windows, keep it a consistency of a light cream, makes abit of a mess, then wash your van/vehicle, finish of with a light polish on windows (any auto polishes). Comes up a treat.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The prevention of light scratches on caravan and motorhome windows is largely dependent on the type of cloth or applicator used rather than the cleaning product.
Good quality micro fibre grit free wash and drying cloths are best. Use a hose to wash down, snow foam will trap tiny grit particles which will rinse off followed by any proprietary automotive shampoo.
Dry the windows with microfiber drying towels to minimise the risk of spears and scratches.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Wash thoroughly with good shampoo and well rinse off. Then I use Autoglym fast glass. (NOT wind screen polish) Use micro cloth spray on and wipe off. Do outside vertically, inside horizontally. Buff with a fresh microcloth. Wash both cloths in washing machine. By doing in different directions you can see which side the streaks are. In my case the boss sees them. If they do get scratched Fenwicks do a polish.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I have used 'Care-a-van' polish on mine, as previous responders ensuring the window is washed clean first, then a fresh microfibre cloth to swirl the polish over the scratched area (often a horizontal line if caught against an errant hedge projection!), allow to dry and shine off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts