Window delaminating

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I’ve noticed that the front centre window of our new van has delaminated at some time and it’s been super glued back together, the fumes from the super glue has left a fogging on the inside between the two panes. Do I try splitting them again and try and clean the joints before applying a proper acrylic glue? Can anyone recommend an acrylic glue or where would one search for a replacement window? Thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the window is fogged by the glue fumes it will never be any good.

As super glue has been used it is impossible to remove it all, so no other glue will work.

Depending on the age of your van replacement windows are available from Miriad, but they supply to the trade only so would have to ordered by a dealer.

Alternatively you can send you old window to EECO and they will make a replacement to your old window pattern.
Neither of the above options are cheap !!!!!

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
If the window is fogged by the glue fumes it will never be any good.

As super glue has been used it is impossible to remove it all, so no other glue will work.

Depending on the age of your van replacement windows are available from Miriad, but they supply to the trade only so would have to ordered by a dealer.

Alternatively you can send you old window to EECO and they will make a replacement to your old window pattern.
Neither of the above options are cheap !!!!!

That’s a bummer, van is 2006 Swift Conqueror 650 lux, perhaps I’ll be able to find a 2nd hand window.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure its fumes from the glue fogging it up and not moisture. If it has been bodged, air may be getting in and obviously contains moisture. As the ambeint temperature changes, its quite common to see a bit of mist in a window, especially early season and after storage. The windows will have little rubber grommets in them which you can remove to let moist air out.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Thingy , we get this on ours and i queried & discussed this was my wife and we came to the same conclusion that it was with the outside temperature & inside temperature but once everything warmed up etc it cleared . Keep a check on it .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts