Window scratches

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
I have been reading a few posts on how to get sratches out of caravan windows. Its my pet hate as our van is quite new and when the sun shines on the front windows all I can see is lots of scratches! ahh!! I've treid T-Cut original, Duraglit last night and now I'm onto the colorfast T-cut. The duraglit didn't work too well but the T-cut seemed to take some off but I'll check again tonight as it was getting dark. But does anyone have a surefire solution to this.. anyone tried Fenicks scratch remover? Also whats the best method for the T-cut - on with a lint free damp cloth and off with the same type of cloth or does it matter?

Are window scratches the curse of caravans!! Surely in these modern time tmanufactures can come up with better quality windows that don't scratch at the tiniest thing!! The vans are expensive enough!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know what you mean - it spoils the view when all you can focus on are the "rainbows" in the window during a sunset.

I improved ours by about 80% by using T-Cut and then a good polish with car polish. I assume the polish fills and smooths out the tiny cracks. It certainly improved things.

Makes the windows look good in the rain too - the water goes into lots of tiny beads.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Apart perhaps from the most shallow scratch I don't think it is possible without a great deal of work to 'remove' a scratch, only disguise it by making it the same 'colour' as the rest of the window.

I have been trying T-Cut's own scratch remover, my problem was two deep marks caused by paint stripper burning into the plastic, one looking much like bird muck!! about 3" long. I first used fine wet-or-dry over a finger tip to smooth and blend the deep sides into the surface which initially made a mark twice as wide but left a smooth surface that you could get at with the polish. At this point it was very much "what have I done" but T-Cut put a shine on them in a few minutes using this time a rough rag over the finger tip. I am now left with what looks like a flaw in the plastic rather than the mess it was and is only visible when you look for it...but it's still there.

So 'Scratch removers' work and I can vouch for T-Cut's but I would say it depends on your expectations on how good the results turn out to be?.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
This is a problem that I've discovered with my van which I bought brand new last year. Last week when I was washing it I noticed lots of tiny horizontal scratches along the side windows, after bit of head scratching wondering how they got there the only thing I could put it down to was that I go to a site in North Wales quite often and the approach to the site is a narrow lane about half a mile long with overhanging bushes and trees which brush along the sides of the van. Got the t-cut out and it brought them out a treat, I am now wondering if there are any products on the market such as these diamond car polishes which protect the paintwork that could be used on caravan windows. My other worry is how many times can I t-cut my windows before they get too thin, so watch out for overhanging bushes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings Ian,

Got back into 'vanning about two years ago. We soon had scratches on the windows and I bought a specific substance on EBay from a guy in Germany. It was good stuff but too abrasive for the job I was wanting it for. I then went down the T Cut route but found I was left with a surface that showed the 'small circles' I had done to get rid of the marks.(similar to the surface on a stainless steel 'bistro table') The thought occurred to me that all we are dealing with is an abrasive liquid. I then remembered that when I polished the car, the cloth turned the colour of the car. So I tried a good quality liquid car polish. Only last week I traded the van in for a new Bailey and the scratch free surface on the windows was the subject of positive comments by the salesman. If you find that even polish is too abrasive then reduce its abrasivness by adding a quantity of say liquid soap (washing up liquid) I can't make any promises but the final result will be a very good improvement. Safe towing

Jul 3, 2005
Visit site
Greetings Ian,

Got back into 'vanning about two years ago. We soon had scratches on the windows and I bought a specific substance on EBay from a guy in Germany. It was good stuff but too abrasive for the job I was wanting it for. I then went down the T Cut route but found I was left with a surface that showed the 'small circles' I had done to get rid of the marks.(similar to the surface on a stainless steel 'bistro table') The thought occurred to me that all we are dealing with is an abrasive liquid. I then remembered that when I polished the car, the cloth turned the colour of the car. So I tried a good quality liquid car polish. Only last week I traded the van in for a new Bailey and the scratch free surface on the windows was the subject of positive comments by the salesman. If you find that even polish is too abrasive then reduce its abrasivness by adding a quantity of say liquid soap (washing up liquid) I can't make any promises but the final result will be a very good improvement. Safe towing
I had a similar problem and bought some Fenwicks windowize, just for this problem I will let you know if it works but I have read good reports so I am hopeful

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts