Windy Harbour

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Just come back from a weekend at Windy Harbour and I thought I'd share my experience.

1/ A well laid out site!! with good parking and reception facilaies.

2/ Security guard on the gate to meet you. Did make me wonder why? Nice for piece of mind though. Did wonder if there had been trouble with joy riders/caravan thieves/travellers.

3/ Good tarmac access roads

4/ Hard standing re-cycled tarmac surface. (did get a lot of bits in the van)

5/ Pitches were too close together, you could not get the car at the side of the van with an awning up.

6/ Anywhere off the road or hard standing was very soft.

7/ Shop was a long way from the tourers and the prices were sky high. They must be on %300 profit there.

8/ Toilets were clean but well worn and reminisent of a motorway services. Stainless steel sinks and tiny cubicles, even graffiti scratched on the mirrors.

9/ Play arrea was thoughtfully put a small distance away from the vans and was well populated with kiddy toys.

All in all, a site you could use for a few days solong as your not clostrofobic and also have a big wallet for the shop. Not a particularly friendly lot either, only two people spoke and that was on the last day.

I could use it for illuminations weekends. It was realy handy for access from motorway and Blackpool town. With it's own traffic light controlled entrance/exit getting out was not the useual lottery you get these days.

Overall it was ok but nothing to get exited about considering the cost £15-50 for caravan with two adults and electric. The add on of %1.25 surcharge for booking over the telephone by credit or debit card (their insistance for less than 3 nights or at peak periods) was a bit cheeky I thought, not come across that one before.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
One last point

Despite ringing up as my van was over their 18 foot length limit as requested in the brochure. I still got a pitch too short for the van, the back legs were on the grass with the hitch nearly on the road.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts