Winter camping

Aug 19, 2006
Visit site
What are your thoughts about club sites ( ccc or cc ) only being open for six months of the year ? Are we paying twelve months subscribtion for a six month club.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been a member of the C & C Club for 16 years, and in that time they have increased rather than decreased the site availability. The annual subscription has gone up by a modest amount over the years. I do not think that I am paying a year's money for 6 months of availability, as they have not halved the season whilst keeping the subscription the same. It costs me

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're usually away on C&CC sites from mid-February until the end of November. We would do December and January, too, but we're just too busy in those months!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Fair point Julie, but the club has to show a profit in order to survive. I have been on CCC sites in October half term - when you'd think they might be a bit busier - and have been one of five units. For many of the sites, with limited hardstandings, it would not be commercially viable to remain open all year.

There are far more all year sites now than when I joined 16 years ago, and I suspect that they will steadily extend the dates of more sites - but only if there will be sufficient numbers of units on site. There is a risk of site fees for only a few units not even covering the cost of the warden, let alone other running costs.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Sat here trawling through the CC sites looking to see what's open all year round. It looks like if you want winter caravanning you may need to look at CLs. Many seem to be open all year round.

Don't forget with winter caravanning it may be difficult to get to a lot of sites due to adverse weather!!!. One option may be for some CC sites would be to remain open but, without Toilet or Shower facilites i.e. No Heated Blocks,just a basic pitch with or without EHU.( just like a CL )

I agree with regards membership fees it is relatively cheap, interesting to see if site fees for 2007 are held at 2006 prices.

Val & Frank

Val & Frank

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I stayed at Pembury CC site in December a few years ago and I was the only one there for 3 nights running. They were heating 2 shower blocks just for me and I wasn't even using them.

Why don't all sites stay open ? Some are not allowed to due to local planning regulations, some are not viable.

As for the complaint about only getting 6 months membership,what do you expect for

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Try a private site, we do not close our gates at 11'oclock and we are open all year round, plus we have heated shower/toilet blocks during the winter months. I can recommend it. Liz

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
I did not know you run a site Liz, where is it and what is it called?

Always handy to know because my husabnd works afternoons and does not finish until 8.00 p.m.

So if we are loaded up we make it to you.

TRENDING THREADS