Winter storage (it's all gone mouldy inside)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I am a relative newbie to the world of motorhoming and have recently come unstuck.

We put our 5 year old motorhome into starage in November and collected her yesterday.

We were dissapointed to find that the fridge (despite being empty and cleaned out thoroughly) was coated with mould also some of the upholstery had the beginnings of mould which f left longer would have taken hold.

I stored it with the blinds down as per everyone else seemed to have done at the farm where it was kept. There were no leeks and everything was cleaned before we stored it.

The van has only been stored 10 weeks I know some people store for much longer than this how do they get round this problem.

Please someone tell me what i`m doing wrong.

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
We always put moisture absorbing crystals in our caravan, we leave them in whenever we are not using it. We also leave the fridge open in order that air can circulate. I once left it closed and like you it was mouldy when we went to use it. In the manual of caravans it says not to leave blinds down for long periods as the springs can break. We tend to close the curtains instead.

Also keep checking it and occasionally we open windows etc to air it.

Hope this helps

Jane

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts