Winter wheels

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ive just copied this from another section written by somebody else and thought it warranted a reply because I along with the original author would be interested in the answer, if there is one that is. If its been answered elsewhere you have my apology. Thanks.

I have read recently about somebody having an insurance claim turned down because he had winter wheels fitted so was unable to fit his wheel clamp , does anyone now how we stand on this , I would be very interested as I fit them every year to allow me to store my wheels away from the weather.

Ron C

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Ron

The simple answer to this is to contact your insurance company. If their rule is to fit a wheel clamp then you have no choice if you ever need to claim

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Check your insurance policy wording.

If a wheel clamp is mandatory, you have no choice but to leave the wheel(s) on with the wheel clamp fitted.

Some insurers, including the Caravan Club, specify that one security device out of a list must be fitted at all times. In this case, you can fit alternative security and take the wheels off.

Winter wheels as such aren't recommended - axle stands are much better as this allows the rubber suspension to rest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts