winterhoff stabilisers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought a 2002 Compass Ralley 483 fitted with a winterhoff 3000 stabiliser. I want to buy a hitch lock for it particularly a Robostop. I see they all say for a mk 11 stabiliser.

I think mine is a Mk 1 as it does not have the protective plastic cover round the front of the hitch. Does anyone know will the Robostop fit both hitches and if not can anyone suggest a good alternative hitch lock for it?

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jim,

We traded in out 2002 Compass Rallye about a month ago and you are correct, it was the Mk1 stabiliser they fitted that year. Our friends bought a Mendip Magnum the following year with the Winterhoff 3000 Mk2 stabiliser and we tried swapping the locks over shortly afterwards to see if they were compatable and they were not.

Sometimes suppliers differentiate between the two models, not by calling them Mk1 and Mk2 but by reference to the earlier model having a release lever.

I suspect you will struggle to get one of the old style Winerhoff locks for the Mk1 now - though eBay may be worth a look. However I am pretty sure that one of the Bulldog range will fit the stabiliser I suggest you give them a call.

Cheers,

Mike A

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim, go to www.sasproducts.com and select hitchlocks and then Winterhoff hitchlock.

They have a lock that fits the 'old' and 'new' WW100 & WW100B.

Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts