Winterhoff WS3000 - ALKO AKS 2004/3004 Stabilizers

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone please let me know if the Winterhoff WS3000 is a comatible fit to replace my old ALKO AKS 2004/3004 Stabiliser.

Will it fit ok and holes line up ?

Thanks

Tony.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I agree with Jaydug.......it will be a straight swap.

Hi Tony ....I would be interested to know how far you venture with your caravan.
Have you towed over to Perth yet ;)

I know your area reasonably well and can recommend this campsite at Kinka Beach

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Straight swap. In most humble opinion the Winterhoff is the better and easier to use head. Always seemed easier to use and to lock.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi jaydug & gafferbill

Thanks for the replies on the Winterhoff, i have now bought the Winterhoff and got it brand new in the box for $80.00 which is about £50.00 so i think its gotta be the bargain of the year.

Gafferbill.........We dont travel too far and certainly have not travelled as far as WA although we have gone as far north as the park you suggested which is about a 10hr drive for us as we are nearer to brisbane.

I have just purchased a 2010 Swift Challenger 570 from a dealer in bristol, its in the container now at London DP Gateway port about to be loaded for the trip to brisbane.

Cant wait to get it.

Tony.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I agree the Winterhoff is a very good unit - mine has been in use for about 14 years on 2 different vans. They (used to) come with sets of shims for different drawtube diameters, but these are not needed for caravans. The ws 3000 is good for a hitchload of 150Kgs too if the towbar and car are up to that.

In use you have to release either forward or backward pressure on the hitch, so that the bellows is neither stretched nor compressed, or it is reluctant to release

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
That's an amazingly cheap price. Here they are around 300GBP. If you're changing the heads yourself remember when you remove the rear most bolt to knock it out with a similar diameter pin which should be the same length as the diameter of the drawbar. If you just remove the bolt without leaving a pin behind, the spring will release and it will be difficult to get back in position.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes it was an absolute bargain at approx £50.00, the people who had it only had it as a spare for their Geist caravan which they replaced with an Aussie caravan so the Winterhoff was gathering dust in the garage.

I really dont think they knew the value of it at all as they had a few euro items for sale and just think they wanted rid of everything.

Box was a bit rough but the actual unit is new with instructions, set of different shims and bolts.

Tony.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts