Winterising

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
Various posts on the forum re draining down tams and pipe work in preparation for winter but one item often overlooked item is the small, normally plastic, receptacle that collects the condensate water from within the fridge.

Normally easy to access having removed the lower fridge vent cover and a quick job with a small sponge.

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
Yes I have noted a few manufacturers have done this in lieu of the condensate collector. Relatively easy modification to do ones self but I am surprised more manufacturers don’t do this, but carry on installing the fridge as supplied.
it’s interesting if you read the recommended installation instructions for these types of fridges particularly the positioning of the vents. Often the lower bent ends up too high in relation to the fridges workings because of the requirement to get the fridge close to the caravan axle and the limitations the wheel arch and its trim then place on vent position.
I have noted some where the lower vent is at least a third of the way up the fridges internals.
As well as affecting the actual chimney effect cooling it really aggravates the access to the burner assembly when routine maintenance or a repair is required. Often a fridge out job required.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts