Wiring 3 way fridge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I cant full decipher what you have already done, but modern 3way fridges do need two separate 12V feeds.

The 12V feed for the electronic control needs as feed from your caravan battery, as it needs to be able to operate at all times.

The 12V feed that actually cools the fridge (usually about 8 to 10A fused) mut only be connected to the feed that comes from the cars alternator. The reason for this is becasue its a high current feed and it should only work when the tow vehicle is producing excess 12V power from its alternator. If its connected to other 12V systems it will quickly discharge the caravan battery or the tow vehicle battery if engine isnt running.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry no help whatsoever. I don't know which make or model of caravan or fridge you are trying to install, a picture of a fist full of coloured wires doesn't tell me anything. I don't have a wiring diagram for your caravan. Being remote from the project I cant follow what you have done,.The best I can suggest is for you to follow the fridge manufacturer's installation instructions, and the caravan manufacturer's wiring diagrams. Or to seek the hands on assistance of a caravan techie such as those of the Approved Workshop Scheme (AWS).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts