Wonderful first week away!

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
Well our first proper holiday in our first caravan. We have just returned from a week in Cornwall and what can I say - loved every minute of it!

The Freelander towed great, not the quickest thing off the mark, but a work horse especially on some of those lovely hills that you have to go up and down in Devon (I have to say, I chickened out of Porlock Hill and made hubby go a different way probably adding about 3/4 hour onto our journey - I think I would have been on the verge of a nervous breakdown!).

The site was wonderful, would highly recommend Wooda Farm Park in Bude. Lovely facilities and from our van, we had a lovely sea view.

Little one stayed in her bed and didn't really wake up once she had gone to sleep.

Only one thing we learnt by mistake on this trip, we had pretty much pick of the site where to pitch and we must have picked the only one that was under a tree! When it rained quite heavily on Tuesday night, even after it had stopped, we were kept awake for quite a while with big fat droplets falling on the roof!

I so didn't want to come home today! Currently trying to look where we can go for a long weekend that is not too far away from home next month!

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed it. We're off on our inaugural Caravan holiday in 2 weeks time and hope our experience is as happy as yours! Can't possibly be as cold as we were in the tent in Filey at Mayday!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts