Word of Warning

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

If, by any chance, any of you are going to Longfield Farm CL at Whitfield near Dover, (prior to going or coming back from the ferry ?) be warned of roadworks on Singledge Lane, the approach to the site.

This is a very narrow road at the best of times and it is now reduced to about half it's width due to what appears to be installation of new gas pipes. This makes it impossible to get a caravan through without catching the bushes / trees on the near side, especially after you are about half way throgh the stretch at which point there is no return. On Friday, my caravan and at least three others on the CL sustained quite extensive scratching to windows and paintwork.

There is another route to the site from the Sandwich road which is better although still narrow in places.

I understand that the CL owner has contacted the council as several others have suffered the same fate but whether anything will be done is unknown.

Does anyone have any suggestions or warnings for removing the scratches which aren't deep but are very extensive.

Regards

JohnM

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this John. The scratches can probably be removed as long as the trees weren't sharp prickly things. It will likely need a machine polisher to do it though. I have used this to good effect on scratched windows in the past and also the bramble rash type of marking from overgrown hedges.

Not sure where you're located but google for the likes of tourershine and you'll see what's possible.

Alternatively try and find a car detailer in your local area as they all have decent machine polishers and quality polish as well.

If you don't have any luck let me know where you're located and I'll try and find someone whose work I can verify and who is local to you.

Dom.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts