working farm recommendations.

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know of any working farms with EHU - I love waking up to chickens,sheep,goats and the like - very very strange I know but if I can find one I would like to make it my regular haunt after years touring Havens,park resorts and butlins and the like with my children would like to try something the other end of the touring scale - in the Eastern/Central UK please.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Harbury Fields Farm. Check it on their website Nice and Peaceful site too.
Sir Roger

Went there last year, excellent. And as you say - quiet, in the middle of nowhere, but easy access roads.

Edit - we went there to use as a base to visit Startford on Avon and Warwick. Warwick Castle is very expensive to visit but you can get a significant discount if you pick up a leaflet from reception in Harbury Fields. Unfortunately we didn't pick up a leaflet and were surprised by the entrance fee at the Castle gate, so we just walked away. The entrance fee only allowed you to walk around the grounds only. It was extra to go in the dungeons and extra again to climb a tower. Their car park was also expensive and it was much cheaper to park in the municipal car park by the river (within walking distance of the castle).

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
If you are willing / able to venture further afield, Mains Farm campsite near Penrith in Cumbria is a working sheep farm, has a riverside location, plenty of wildlife about, and is a great base for exploring the area. We have holidayed there for the past few years and love it. They recently changed a CL to accomodate a few more vans, but the amount of space allocated per van is easily 3 times what you get at havens etc

Mains%20Farm%202016182_zpssv1kjh1o.jpg

This was us in July (on the right) - this is how much space you get for each pitch !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts