Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
im confident good old england will win it this year, all the bbc news and sports programmes will back my hunch up, they have got it won again, oh dear, a summer of sufferin listenin to it all again :(

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well somebody has to represent the U.K. We can't rely on you lot to do it. Then again all the Scots will be glued to their boxes cheering on Azerbaijan, Turkmen Republic or whoever England are playing against ... heh! heh! heh!

G

We'll be away in South America on a biking trip whilst the world cup is on.

Has to be the best bit of planning we've ever done :)

I will not have to suffer any of the drivel and waffle about kicking a ball.

England had their go, they won in 66 and the'll not win again in my life time.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anyone seen those England flags for sale , you clip them on your car windows?

I mean the St George cross ones not the St Andrew's LOL.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
In 2006 we were touring the north east, stopping at the Berwick on Tweed CC site. One day we decided to cross the border because I had some Then and Now pics to take. On our way on numerous occasions drivers coming the other way either stuck their fingers up, one or two for variety, or stuck their face against the windscreen grimacing. I wondered what was wrong and remarked to Her Ladyship that the local natives must have escaped from the asylum.

In Duns, after taking my pics, I walked back to my car which I'd parked in the square, leaving my wife sat in there. It's just as well I did because I'm sure otherwise it would have been trashed. It was then that I spotted the reason for the one/two fingered salutes. On both back windows I had the flags flying that Dusty mentioned.

In all honesty I wouldn't have left them there on purpose but on reflection I'm glad I did seeing how many Jocks I'd upset. I've still got the flags as a souvenir and they'll be coming out again in June when we tour the southeast. On reflection, somewhere back in time, one of my ancestors must have been a Scot because I'm too tight to buy a new set ... heh! heh! heh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

Cheers

Dustydog
One company, McFlaggarts, did make the Cross of St Andrew car flags Dusty but they went bankrupt because there was no call for them ;O)

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I have my South African flag sticker on the rear of my truck and every time we go to Scotland someone washes and polishes the truck and puts a thank you note in our window. ;-).

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Sometime in the next 6 months. Don't really care aas won't be watching anyway. Much nicer watching the riots afterwards. Any one brave enough to travel out there?

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

quote from dustydog.

double dare ye to leave it parked in the gorbals area for 5 minutes.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Good point Mac Highlander

I've chickened.

I am now investing in a pair of St Andrews for my forthcoming Scottish trip and possible future use at the 2022 world cup. Scotland might just make it? LOL.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts