X Trail 2.2 DCI SVE Kerbwight

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone give me a definitive answer on the kerbweight of a 2004 X Trail 2.2 DCI SVE please. I don't understand the various figures quoted on the VIN plate, and have seen figures of 1525 (kg's), 1555, 1625, 1633 (ref PC)quoted. It's all a bit confusing really!

Thanks,

Max.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you really want to know the kerbweight that accurately, there is no way round going to a weighbridge and weighing the vehicle. Kerbweights are not documented anywhere because each and every vehicle will be different depending on its specification and equipment. Even vehicle build tolerances (paint and underbody coating thickness, sheet metal thickness, etc.) can make several kilos difference between 2 vehicles with exactly the same specification. But why, may I ask, do you need to know the kerbweight with such precision?

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
If you really want to know the kerbweight that accurately, there is no way round going to a weighbridge and weighing the vehicle. Kerbweights are not documented anywhere because each and every vehicle will be different depending on its specification and equipment. Even vehicle build tolerances (paint and underbody coating thickness, sheet metal thickness, etc.) can make several kilos difference between 2 vehicles with exactly the same specification. But why, may I ask, do you need to know the kerbweight with such precision?
Just curious really. I tow an Abbey 325 (1350 kg's MPTLM) and wantes to know where I was with regards the 85% rule (advisory.

Max.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Lutz

Slight correction, if you have an Audi there is a sticker in the boot which gives the exact weight of that particular car as it leaves the production line. Trust Audi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Even 50kg either way is only going to make about 2% to 3% difference in the weight ratio and that's hardly very significant.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
As expected, the Nissan web page also only gives a min./max. range for the kerbweight.

That Audi documents the actual weight of each car as it leaves the production line is certainly unusual. Anyone know of any other manufacturer that does it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts