xenon headlight how to adjust for France

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I am going to France next week and I have a 2004 e class 320 cdi,

I have read some comments about xenon lights not working with beam deflectors and having to get them computer adjusted by the main dealer sounds a bit of a bore, so any info on not dazzeling my fellow automobilists would be most welcome.

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
My xtrail's xenons dip very flat with a sharp cut off, but when I go to france I think I will use the stickers, even though they wont work, for forms sake and try to avoid driving after dark.

What about carrying a spare bulb? they don't have them as such?

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Depending on what time of year you are travelling, are you likely to need lights? We tend to only move about during the day (too many aperatifs to venture out in the evening) so rarely bother to mask our lights.

Jo

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
My mazda 6 had fog lights built into the headlight assembly and I used to use these. Unfortunately my XT the fog lights are very low.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Chris, It's not compulsory to carry spare lamps but if you are stopped because a lamp has failed you will not be allowed to continue your journey until it's daylight or the lamp if fixed, Le Flick doesn't care if it's an dealer only fit HID lamp or a candle.

JoannaLesley, It's also compulsory to use dipped beam headlights (not fog lights) when it's raining.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts