Xmas Presents

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If people ask what we want we say Caravan Club vouchers as they can be used to pay for site fees. We can start the new year with a free site now. Also a bottle of whisky and some wine to help us relax.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
We had a scratchcard from brother in law included in a present, wnen my other half rubbed it off she went bonkers as it was a winner for £50,000!!!!!!
When she rang her b-in-law to say thankyou for the best present ever, he passed her over to her sister who explained it was a wind up it was not a genuine card. Well it fooled us and one day i may forgive him but it will take a while.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I am an aetheist, or unbeliever, but I do respect other people's beliefs.
But I do not like the use of Xmas instead of Christmas.
I don't want to start a range war over this,, but do many others feel like me?
No offence meant Doog, just curious.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Xmas Christmas doesnt realy bother me,but know of lots of people who claimed to be aetheists or non believers all their lives ,sudenly become believers when they find there time on earth is nearing the end.Bit like the liberal party allways wanting to be on the winning side regardles of who that is.Just an observation not aimed at anyone.

Now christmas presents yes a nice 16" 12 volt tv+dvd,will make a pleasemt edition to a wet evening in the van.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I got;
A tyre pressure gauge
Calender of classic caravan's
And the son, daughter and SWMBO clubbed together for the Garmin truck/caravan sat nav, for some reason the OH doesnt like me taking the occasional country lane
smiley-smile.gif

Any one want to buy a perfectly good Tom Tom sat nav???????????????????????,

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I got this tablet thing, poor man's ipad. Still getting used to it. TOuch sensitive screen. Might have just flagged kevs post as offensive!! Can,t quite get fat little fingers to hit the right bit.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
I got this tablet thing, poor man's ipad. Still getting used to it. TOuch sensitive screen. Might have just flagged kevs post as offensive!! Can,t quite get fat little fingers to hit the right bit.
mel
It's Ok Mel, every ones picking on me today, Dusty embarrassed me, Sprocket laughed at me and now I'm offensive!!
smiley-wink.gif

Now I await a telling off from the PC brigade
smiley-smile.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
mel
hi Mel I got one of those as well
smiley-embarassed.gif
took all day boxing day to set it up, turned it on this morning and it's forgot everything I put on it,
guess it will end up in the drawer
smiley-innocent.gif
the one that has all the other stuff neither of us use, like her andriod phone, my blackberry, ipod, wind up radio, psp, garmin sat nav, and a couple of cameras, good job it's a BIG drawer.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought my wife a Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet which is fantastic, does almost everything the I Pad can for half the price. We would have had no idea how to set it up but our son in law is a computer freek and he was in his element spending all afternoon doing this and playing with it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Mel said:
mel
It's Ok Mel, every ones picking on me today, Dusty embarrassed me, Sprocket laughed at me and now I'm offensive!!
smiley-wink.gif

Now I await a telling off from the PC brigade
smiley-smile.gif

Tell me oh Great King Gagakev you now have a hole in your welly just to add to your burdens and it's raining and flooding where you live!
smiley-laughing.gif
Could be good for your line of business.

Better luck for 2013
smiley-kiss.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thank you fellow technophobes for your kind understanding. Thank you for your help Sproket, but adding more technology when the stuff I already have is defeating me doesn't seem like an option
smiley-laughing.gif
I would have quoted one or two posts but can't get the cursor to the right bit following a quote. Repeatedly stabbing at thescreen with aforementioned fat fingers is not working.
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Mel.
Does it use the usual two-fingered spread-and-pinch techniques for zooming in and out.
That way you can make the text bigger to stab at
smiley-laughing.gif

pinch_zoom_zpsd921e90f.png

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
After dropping some very broad hints over the past twelve months Herself bought me (amongst other things) a fine pair of riggers boots, which are like fur lined leather wellies but with a wider calf. They will be great for muddy rally fields or even normal campsites if last years awful weather is anything to go by. I've also had books, dvd's, various bottles containing alcoholic beverages, a battery powere remote controlled helicopter(!), all of which will be great for wet afternoons in the caravan so let it rain, I won't care
smiley-cool.gif

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmmm, at least I didn't get a tea towel again this year!! Did get a new icing bag and nozzles though, and guess who's is the first birthday of the year around here!!!?? Looks like I'll be doing my own cake again then!! Still New van should be ready to collect the day before my Birhday so that'll make up for Christmas!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sproket said:
Mel.
Does it use the usual two-fingered spread-and-pinch techniques for zooming in and out.
That way you can make the text bigger to stab at
smiley-laughing.gif

Flippin eck. It does!! Thanks Sprocket. ( Think I'm getting a blister on my index finger)
mel
pinch_zoom_zpsd921e90f.png

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a Ctek MXS5 smart charger, I reckon it's going to be great, has various operation modes one of which is to recondition battery which as I had unfortunately allowed the battery to go completely flat would not work initially, says in charger info that the battery needs to have min of 2 volts for it to work, as it wouldn't work I used the slow charge mode which also after about 10 minutes would switch to an error message, I re started the charger about 3 maybe 4 times by which time it must have put in the 2 volts needed because I have now got it on recondition program and it's going thru the stages perfectly, looks like being an excellent piece of equipment.

BP

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all we were given a set of china mini caravan salt pepper sets . . . so cute! Also we went halves on a Samsung Galaxt tab 2 which is what i am now. Fab!
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts