xmas sites

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
Anyone got any reccomendations for a nice site to visit at xmas.Its the first time that my husband and myself have ventured with our caravan at xmas. it would be nice if there was a pub and restaurants close to.I dont suppose there are any sites that also have entertainment?

Ann

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We got back from Dornafield, at Newton Abbot a few weeks ago and they had a few pitchs left( i couldnt tell you if they have any left now) but they are fully deluxe serviced pitches, the shower block is out of this world( the best we have ever seen) with under floor heating so even at 2 in the morning it is lovely and warm and the radio is to entertain you.

there are several pubs nearby which serves meals and Peter the owner who makes us feel really welcome, will send you all the information about whats going on, any resturants/pubs that are doing meals with the menus so you can book a meal, and there plenty of things to do nearby which he will let you know of ( a service that we have never had before)

i was speaking to someone about coming down for xmas and they said they did it last year and it was the best site they had been to at xmas and was doing the same this year.

i will definately go next xmas, as the site as excellent and any problems with anything and they will go that extra mile to help you.

www.dornafield.co.uk

Bev

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Dont know where you are,but Sandy Balls in the New Forest in Hampshire is open all year, but pitches are very limited over Xmas and new year (We go there every New Year)The pitches available in winter are all sevice pitches, mostly on hardstandings.Good facilities on site inc entertainment, indoor pool, good bars/food, also a few nice pubs in the area that do excellent meals-one within walking/staggering distance!

There are some really good walks/cycle rides to be had from here.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wherever you go Ann, get it booked fast! Chances of getting in at your ideal site are slim. You need to be thinking of where to go, in Spring.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
I mentioned Sandy Balls, we usually book a full year in advance for the New Year.It really does get booked up quickly and they usually have a substantial "reserve" list as well

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I see that Binghams farm Adults only site is doing xmas and new year this year. (they normally close november) they have an on-site restaurant/bar.

its a nice site near Bridport

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
We got back from Dornafield, at Newton Abbot a few weeks ago and they had a few pitchs left( i couldnt tell you if they have any left now) but they are fully deluxe serviced pitches, the shower block is out of this world( the best we have ever seen) with under floor heating so even at 2 in the morning it is lovely and warm and the radio is to entertain you.

there are several pubs nearby which serves meals and Peter the owner who makes us feel really welcome, will send you all the information about whats going on, any resturants/pubs that are doing meals with the menus so you can book a meal, and there plenty of things to do nearby which he will let you know of ( a service that we have never had before)

i was speaking to someone about coming down for xmas and they said they did it last year and it was the best site they had been to at xmas and was doing the same this year.

i will definately go next xmas, as the site as excellent and any problems with anything and they will go that extra mile to help you.

www.dornafield.co.uk

Bev
Any idea if there are any pubs that are likely to serve a good xmas diner in walking distance of Dornafield. The site itself sounds excellent but i am interested to know how close to the village it is and what facilities are around, can anyone clarify what it is likely to be like at xmas time.

Thanks

Ann

TRENDING THREADS