Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks - any good sites close to the city of York? Have an overcab motor home therefore will not be able to use multi storey car parks, etc. so need site either close to town or with good public transport/park & ride. Not member of CC or C&CC therefore looking for quiet commercially run site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin,

Have a look at Naburn Lock Caravan Park(www.naburnlock.co.uk)we are going there at the end of next month for a few days.There,s a riverbus plus a service bus into York from the site.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Rowntree park CC site admits non members but you'll have to phone them to find out what dates they can fit you in as it's full most of the time. It's well worth the trouble as it's only a 10 min walk to the town. Their other site, Beechwood Grange is also a lovely site and you can use the park and ride to get into town.

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Agreed, Jim, but based on my own experience and responses in this forum, getting a vacant pitch at Rowntree Park at short notice is rather like winning first prize in a lottery.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, Beechwood Grange is ideal to use public transport to get in to York, its even possible to walk into the city in about 40mins from this site. Lutz is correct about Rowntree its impossible to get into. Alternatively you could try Goose Wood which is a Best of British site and is about five mile north of York. There is a bus which travels around the nearby villages which will get you in to the city the website is www.goosewood .co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, Beechwood Grange is ideal to use public transport to get in to York, its even possible to walk into the city in about 40mins from this site. Lutz is correct about Rowntree its impossible to get into. Alternatively you could try Goose Wood which is a Best of British site and is about five mile north of York. There is a bus which travels around the nearby villages which will get you in to the city the website is www.goosewood .co.uk
Many thanks Richard - I have looked at their web page and it seems a very nice site. I have e-mailed them for further details.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts