you know the feeling to kill your pc....help

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone help.

I've bought a wireless printers (hp) followed the instructions but it's asking for my SSID and passkey and WEP OR WPA.

Don't say we have it from when it was set up. It's now 5 past 12 and I started this at 7pm. and I am extremeley tired and could cry at this moment.

I'm not a genius with pc's but get by, but this has honestly defeated me. Hubbys given up and gone to bed..

Went on to hp for them to find and they don't support the system!!! I have a netgear box.

How can I find this info out??

So cheesed off.

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi smiley,it's asking for the ssid.passkey and wep or wpa encryption that you would have had to input to your wireless router when you set up your wireless connection for your internet account.

Should be on the confirmation letter you got from you internet provider.

Cheer's Marco64.

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Open Internet explorer and type http://192.168.0.1

This should open the sofware which controls your netgear router.

It will ask you for a user name and password, the factory defaults are admin and password. You should have changed them originally, but I cannot help you with what you might have chosen!

If you can get into this software you should be able to find the SSID which is the "Station name" which comes up when you search for a network, ie your network rather than a neighbours.

The WEP or WPA passkey is the security code that allows a device to access your system and keeps strangers out, and every device that you want to allow in needs to have it or it won't be allowed access.

As a last resort you could turn all encryption/security off, but I wouldn't recommend this action.

Best of luck

Pete

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Guys

The book did say in idiot guide what to do at that point.

Expecially the http:// in front of ip address.

When son arrived this morning he told me the info was on the bottom of the router, which I didn't know as he set it up for us.

I now have a hp wireless printer up and running.

What a strain!! Thanks again for for help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts