Young Children and caravanning......

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
You only need one child/teenager that is unruly and you might as well have a site full. They egg all the younger ones on and cause mayhem. Yes, there are families (we have met them) who take care of their children but watch for the dreaded new car/caravan turning up next to you with children - you can bet your bottom dollar they will cause problems!!! I prefer to pitch next to an older 'van with children who seem to respect other peoples units far more.

Having recently spent a week (far too long!) at Normans Bay C&CC site we had a teenager actually racing between our caravan and car! This surely should not be tolerated.
mmmmmmmm Ann,

seems more like you are envious of peeps with new car and van? tut tut

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I too agree with Big R.

You only have to think back to when you were a kid your self and I bet you would get up to all thing when mum & dad were not there.

Mark

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Personally, I like to see children playing ,or anyone else ie.late drinkers outside their caravans enjoying their well earned break,including thoughtfull dog owners walking their dogs and just generally enjoying recreation. Do what I do, and remain on the positive.It also helps if you get really drunk as soon as possibly after arriving on site but remember to level your van first. m.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am all for the pleasurable activities that go on outside other peoples caravans but when this goes on after 11pm even the quietish chateer/laughter can keep people awake especially children. Caravan walls are so flimsy and when the 'up to all hours' brigade finally go in you have to contend with the banging of doors/making up of beds/ slamming of lockers etc. Not pleasant when you are trying to get to sleep or have been woken up because of it.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
mmmmmmmm Ann,

seems more like you are envious of peeps with new car and van? tut tut
On the contrary Kanga! I have a brand new car (Sept 2005) and caravan (June 2005). So your argument doesn't hold water this time.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We're doing a documentary for BBC2 about 'childfree' people. One of the issues we'll consider is the pros and cons of children in various lcoations - restaurants, art galleries, campsites etc. Given the above debate, it would be great if a couple of you - preferably Lord Braykewinde and Monkey, given that you two seem to be the most oustpoken - would be interested in meeting in a campsite somewhere with our presenter to talk about the way you see it. We'd have to do this really soon though, so I'd really appreciate it if you could reply to this as soon as possible if you're even vaguely tempted...

Thanks,

Olly
It smells like another scam!!!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I am all for the pleasurable activities that go on outside other peoples caravans but when this goes on after 11pm even the quietish chateer/laughter can keep people awake especially children. Caravan walls are so flimsy and when the 'up to all hours' brigade finally go in you have to contend with the banging of doors/making up of beds/ slamming of lockers etc. Not pleasant when you are trying to get to sleep or have been woken up because of it.
Hi nobody minds kids playing ,but when they start playing football outside your van and you have balls crashing into the caravan,the front of caravans are not very strong and who is going to pay for the damage ,some friends of ours had there car wing mirror smashed by a ball it cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts