Zeebbrugge to Switzerland over night in France

Jun 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm going to Switzerland on holiday for 2 weeks next July (I know its early), traveling from Zeebrugge over nighting in France, can anybody suggest any nice over night stops in France approx halfway.

All suggestions welcome.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There are municipal sites in both Troyes and Chalons, which are both half-way(ish). Another nice stopover site is Lac de Liez at Langres,which is not far from the autoroute, and the site has a nice restaurant - always useful for an overnight stop.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
If going from Zeebrigge to Switerland why the heck are you going through France and paying Autoroute tolls?

Either go Belgian autoroute through the Ardennes to Luxembourg, or go through Belgium and Germany entering Switerland at Basle.

In Belgium there is a good municipal at Blaarmerseen in Ghent, and a equally good municipal at Koekulschur in Luxembourg. If you want a site in Germany there is a very nice site at Hemsbach (listed under Wienhiem) north of Mannhiem.

If you want directions mail me off net.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Bill,

To add to Andrews post. Kockelscheuer in Luxembourg has a on site takeaway/or eat outside. Sells beer and wine by the glass. We have found it handy for an overnight - set the van up - quick bite to eat - and so to bed. Not gourmet but does the job. Also the site is very handy for the motorway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts