Zig Zag Hill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, has anyone towed along the B3081 at Zig Zag Hill? Is it suitable for towing a caravan? This would be a good route for me, but I am a little concerned about this bit. Any comments would be welcome.

Gary

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anybody who tries this is quite literaly going to come unstuck. I have actually been on this road when they were trying to extract a caravan and tow car that had failed on these hairpins. I can not see how any caravan is going to get down or up this road. From the evidence I have seen it is impossible

Have a look at the map and take the unclassified road to or from Ludwell on the A30. It may be unclassified but is actually a good road that is used by local traffic when Zig Zag hill is too problimatic.

Best to avoid it. You will need your wits about you in Tollard Royal as well!

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I live in Dorset and have gone down and up Zig Zag Hill on several occasions. It is not a great experience but it can be done as we have done it without any problems. Like all nasty roads you hope you dont meet anything but go steady and you will be ok.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With all due respect to Andrew - just don't bother!

An alternative route is there and easy to use as stated above.

Believe me if you hang your caravan up on its arse you will NOT be popular.

But if you want to - let me know when and myself and at least one other will be happy to come along with our horrible great big unreliable Land Rovers and sort the mess out (for a price of course! - after all we have to spend a fortune on keeping our vehicles on the road!!! - NOT!

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi I have been up and down zig zag hill a few times with a single axle caravan with no problems but you must drive carefully and watch for other traffic, but having said that I would not fancy going up or down with our new twin axle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts