ú25O Voucher Offer What do you think?

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
I have agreed to purchase a 2009 Elddis Oddesey 550 caravan which I pick up tomorrow.The deal I got was fair and better than other dealers I have spoken with.After agreeing the price to change when I came home I was looking at the Explorer group site the makers of the van when I saw they had an offer of £250 off any van or you could use the voucher in the dealers shop.The dealer did not mention the explorer group offer.I contacted the Explorer group customers service dept.to see if I qualified and they said I did.I contacted the dealer who said they had not been told of any such offer I asked could I take the £250 off the money I owed them they said no I would have to pay the agreed difference and if the £250 was correct theyd send me a refund when I asked why? they said they did not trust the Explorer group to return the money to them quckly( which made me wonder what kind of company are Explorer?).Would you pay them the agreed difference? or would you deduct the £250 and give them the voucher?Thanks for any advice.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Gilbert,

This is a very hard question to answer as I do not know if your Dealer is part of the Explorer Group. They could sell this make of van independently from any franchise.

Also a point to remember is that on the voucher, it will have in the small print "To be presented at point of sale" (or similar wording) and you have stated that you only notised this when you got home, others will be along soon to offer their opinions but I think you will be paying the

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
surprisingly enough all it says on the voucher is the date the offer starts and ends and that its Explorer group vans I have printed one off alo Explorer customer services stated I didnt even need to have a voucher I could just verbaly tell the dealer about the offer.Also the deal has been done verbaly including a motor mover being fitted nothing has actualy been signed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts