🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Good luck Boys. Bring it home🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Last edited:
Reactions: JRT
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Too much sport. I’m still recovering from Ireland’s win over South Africa, Djokovic losing in three sets and now have England versus Spain. Fingers are well and truly crossed.

PS why the Georgia flag. Specsavers for you tomorrow 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Good luck Boys. Bring it home🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Aye, there 200 fags and a bottle of vodka.

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Well we were clearly outclassed by a team clearly at the top of their game.

We relied on split seconds of brilliant skill to get to the final which is just not good enough at this level.

Well done Spain, a deserved win, not least for being the best and most consistent team in the whole tournament.

Reactions: Dustydog

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
We?
Unless you were playing its they!

At least now those of us not addicted to football can look forward to NOT having it all rammed down our throats morning none and night.

It always fascinates me how people who claim they show no interest in football yet feel the need to comment on it when it's discussed on internet forums. It's actually quite comical.

WE enjoy football, they are the English team WE (as in my family who were watching and enjoying the game together) are English hence I feel quite comfortable using that term.

If you really feel it's been rammed down your throat I would suggest you need to make use of the many channels that are available that don't cover it.

HTH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
If you really feel it's been rammed down your throat I would suggest you need to make use of the many channels that are available that don't cover it.
That view takes no account of the very high price we are charged to fund the BBC.

IMO there should be consideration given the channels we fund along with the side steaming on the red button, to have some alternative viewing.

Sadly, the BBC has to go over the top on selective sports coverage though claiming to be a great advocate of "diversity", here it is blind.

All said it's a pity about the result, whilst not the slightest bit interested ourselves in the "game" I know many wished for a different outcome. we would have been happy for these to have enjoyed their moment.

Reactions: Mr Plodd
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Spain were the far better team and deserved the win.
The Premier League contributed £7.6 billion to the UK economy in the 2019-20 season supporting 94,000 jobs. So like it or not football is not a bad thing.

In the eternal Beachball words “Each to their own”

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That view takes no account of the very high price we are charged to fund the BBC.

IMO there should be consideration given the channels we fund along with the side steaming on the red button, to have some alternative viewing.

Sadly, the BBC has to go over the top on selective sports coverage though claiming to be a great advocate of "diversity", here it is blind.

All said it's a pity about the result, whilst not the slightest bit interested ourselves in the "game" I know many wished for a different outcome. we would have been happy for these to have enjoyed their moment.
Weren’t 50% of the Euro matches that England were playing featured on ITV so BBC was available to view if you like tennis that is. The exception being the final.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What is sad is that English teams in other sports consistently win Euro and even world championships, but only get paid a fraction of the money that losers get paid. Also they don't cry bucket loads when they lose, but congratulate the winners.

In some cases those English teams that are winners have to fund their own uniforms and transport, but they do it for the love and enjoyment of the sport.

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Spain were the far better team and deserved the win.
The Premier League contributed £7.6 billion to the UK economy in the 2019-20 season supporting 94,000 jobs. So like it or not football is not a bad thing.

In the eternal Beachball words “Each to their own”
Absolutely.

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site

Is your TV one of those that still only gets three channels?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately news channels are dominated by football and nothing else seems to be newsworthy. We do like to watch balanced news reports or what else is going on around us.

We are by no stretch of the imagination football fans, but we did hope that the English side would win for a change so you the next sixty years they could brag about it instead of the '66 win. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Unfortunately news channels are dominated by football and nothing else seems to be newsworthy. We do like to watch balanced news reports or what else is going on around us.

Yes the tournament features strongly when it's actually running, especially when England get to a final but it's only for a couple of weeks when they do. Then they move on. Besides in an individual bulletin the football is only one of the things they cover, especially when significant world events occur such as the day previous.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Missing the point again it relates to those we are effectively "taxed" to fund, they despite claims of being "diverse", fail to live up to offering diversity, can get themself into saturation on some selective sporting events.
Not that it overly worries me just proves, and somewhat amuses me they don't practice what they preach, my only rub comes when they then bleat they need more money from us.

Reactions: Buckman

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Missing the point again it relates to those we are effectively "taxed" to fund, they despite claims of being "diverse", fail to live up to offering diversity, can get themself into saturation on some selective sporting events.
Not that it overly worries me just proves, and somewhat amuses me they don't practice what they preach, my only rub comes when they then bleat they need more money from us.

No I didn't miss the point at all. I was just not taking it too seriously as you are taking the thread into politics and was trying to divert it.

TRENDING THREADS