10 Van CL's ????

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
I've just got back from a weeks stay on a CC cl in the south of England. Although their licence from the CC allows a maximum of 5 vans this particular one had 10 on some nights. As it happens there were two fields of at least an acre each plus another area a couple of hundred yards away by a lake so it didn't feel crowded and I would certainly use it again. I just wondered how rigidly the 5 van rule is enforced?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've recently been to a CL north of ******. They had two separate sites, a quarter of a mile apart. One had EHU but not on the other. Both sites were alongside the River ******** and they were about 2 1/2 acres each so there was no chance of crowding. On the EHU site you could pitch where you wanted as long as your cable reached, some even connecting to EHU leads up together. In our week there we never saw more than 5 vans on each site but as one van left another arrived, there were never spare pitches on the EHU site. I'd love to say where it is but daren't in case Sadie see's it ... heh! heh! heh!

OK, it was Kidlington :O)

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
there are a few in cumbria, one not far from me has 10 pitches all with EHU's first 5 are CC CL's the other 5 C&CC CS's, i also know of one which is a CC CL with a private 5 van site next to it, that is fantastic as the private one has brilliant views of lake bassenthwaite and the CC CL is is facing the other way and looks upon the other 4 vans, you can guess which one we use, and its all the same price

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
there are a few in cumbria, one not far from me has 10 pitches all with EHU's first 5 are CC CL's the other 5 C&CC CS's, i also know of one which is a CC CL with a private 5 van site next to it, that is fantastic as the private one has brilliant views of lake bassenthwaite and the CC CL is is facing the other way and looks upon the other 4 vans, you can guess which one we use, and its all the same price
Hi Mark

I've tried to locate the CL you mention, but no luck. Are you willing to divulge the name, or at least provide a couple of clues?

Cheers

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts