10amp fuse keeps blowing

May 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
My Swift challenger 524, 2012; the 10amp fuse on the Sargent fuse board keeps blowing, this is related to TV Ariel radio and TV12volt plugs, the 12volt system. This was working fine when we used it time before last, so I don't know if unplugging from,mains as caused a problem? But every time we put a 10amp spade fuse in it blows. I've read that maybe a slow blow or time delay, anti surge fuse might work. But the fuses are 10amp regular spade fuses; and I've looked and searched and I can't find a supplier.

Any help would be appreciated

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like something is causing a short on the circuit, upgrading the fuse type wouldnt be my course of action, much better to investigate the cause.
if you are not competent at the process id get a service engineer to check the installation.

Hope you get it sorted

Kevin

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
F12 is Sockets, radio etc. If you have the radio off and nothing plugged in on a socket, does it still blow?
http://www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Fuse-Box.JPG

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
That is a 12 V circuit. If it blows with nothing connected, there must be a short somewhere. My bet would be a fitting like this one. try checking them if you can. Beware however the "socket next to the TV socket is a 240 V one. I would unplug the mains supply cable before opening that piece. Those cigarette lighter sockets can easily cause problems over time. http://www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/TV_Socket_etc.JPG

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unless I know exactly why a fuse has blown I don't replace it. Until the cause has been established. Fuses Are there for a purpose, and are generally quite a reliable part of the safety of electrical systems.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
If the fuse stills blows with all circuits isolated , are you sure everything is off?
Totally isolate , disconnect all circuits feeding off that fuse.
One by one reconnect. Does the fuse blow? QED.
If the fuse blows with all circuits isolated your Sargent kit is faulty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts