12 volt converters

Jun 15, 2005
Visit site
I have a toshiba 15VL56 - 4:3 LCD TV which i would love to be able to run from my caravan leisure battery via the 12v 2pin plug. i have been told that i can get a 12v coverter for it. what sort of information would i need to know about the tv so i can get the appropriate conveter.

many thanks shane

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Shane,

The Toshiba 15VL56B is a mains only LCD TV, so John is dead on when he suggests a low power inverter.

Our 14VL has a power requirement of 50 Watts, and I think the 15VL is 55 Watts, so an inverter with a capacity between 80Watt and 100Watt should be OK

With power losses in the inverter, you'll probably use around 5 Amps from the battery - or about 20 hours use from a 110Amp Hour battery.

Robert

Shane,

have a look on www.caravantechnology.com loads of inverters and good advice when you phone. I bought from here excellent service and delivery. My advice, buy larger than you need as you may want to use 240v for other uses Dvd, Laptop charging Etc. I have no connection with this company other than being a delighted customer.

Eddie.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What Eddie says is true

The inverter can be used for lots of things.

I fitted a cigar lighter socket onto my wife's 12V invalid buggy which was parked near to the central heating gas boiler in the garage.

If the electric goes off I can plug the inverter into the buggy and then the power feed to the boiler into the inverter thus keeping the gas valve open and operating the pump to warm the whole house.

Jun 15, 2005
Visit site
i popped along to www.caravantechnology.com and found an inverter 600w i think will do the job.the only concern i have now is most of them have a power consumption 50w and my tv is Power Consumption(Typical): 55W does this pose a problem or is it something i need not worry about.

many thanks to all of you who have given me advise on this matter. shane

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i popped along to www.caravantechnology.com and found an inverter 600w i think will do the job.the only concern i have now is most of them have a power consumption 50w and my tv is Power Consumption(Typical): 55W does this pose a problem or is it something i need not worry about.

many thanks to all of you who have given me advise on this matter. shane
Shane.

I have the 600w inverter from Caravan Technology and see on the side of the box, amoung other suggested uses, is 21" colour TV/VCR Combo, should be more than enough for any TV taken caravanning. My 14" Phillips is rated at 38watts (this means I could run approx. 15 such TV at once without over loading this Inverter)

As long as the total wattage for all appliances on at any one time does not exceed 600w you will be ok.

However, using this unit at approaching full capacity will quickly run down a leisure battery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts