Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having damaged my 12n socket after carelessly driving off a kerb after parking on waste ground, I went to replace it today and bought one in Halfords. On removing the old one I find it has some sort of microswitch fitted with three wires plugged in and is obviously activated when the cover is raised and the plug inserted. I have left well alone until I understand this and will probably have to get a replacement from the Citroen garage (C5). Any idea what this does?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alistair. Firstly I do not know your car and it's wiring, but, you might simply have a switch to cut off the car's rear brake lights when the caravan is coupled up (saves back glare).

Peter T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alistair, Is it possible that it is a switch to stop the car rear fog lights operating when the 12N plug is inserted into the socket.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am not certain, but it might be an isolator for the rear fog lights. This can prevent dazzle in your rear-view mirror (from your own lights) when towing a caravan in fog.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looks like that's what it is as one of the wires goes to the blue fog light pin. Citroen want an arm and a leg for a new wiring kit, local independents can't supply a socket like this and a search on the web has proved fruitless. Any suggestions where I might get one?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts