12S plug wiring

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It doesn't seem to follow standard wiring colours, so its impossible to for us on the forum to offer copper bottommed advice, except to say careful checking with a multimeter to trace what each wire does might help.

Even though teh colours may be wrong its nice to see who ever did it used ferrules in the wire ends, so perhaps it might actually be a good job.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
JayTea said:
I'm wiring from the trailer plug (hitch) back to under the van where I want to put a junction box rather than rip half the insides out to follow the wiring.

My mistook JayTea, I thought that was the plug connector on the towing vehicle :oops:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
My plug fell apart on the previous caravan as we were trying to hitch up and pull out and I was stuck right on the exit gate on the last pitch stopping everyone and as it happens the bloke that helped me there & then is now the bloke that services my caravan now as he owns the service centre beside me ! It cost £3o to get the plug changed the following week by him & took 20 minutes !!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The difficulty with Hobby vans is that unless the previous owner had the electrics modified to do battery charging and fridge, it has not got those connections.
As Hobby vans do not come with everything that UK vans do, an "Autark" pack needs to be fitted to marry up with the battery and fridge.
Also, Hobby vans tend to use Black as positive and white as negative.
I suspect that the wires you have will only be for reversing light and van interior lighting when connected to the car.

The only way to be sure what wires do what is to trace every one back to its place of use.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is a box of electronics that splits the 12v supply, isolating the main power pack from the power from the car and allows the battery and fridge to work.
The on board power pack will not do it and would be damaged if the Autark is not fitted and the car voltage was sent to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts