12v systems 1991 era swift caravan

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've brought at Swift corvette diamond 1990 or more likely 1991. If you have a detailed manual or hand book, I'd really appreciate a link or PDF copy.
The electrics are providing a challenge. Mains hook up, fine and powering as expected.
12v system is odd. The two spot lights above the front seating/bed area work off the 12 supply, but all other 12v systems are not working.
Exploring fuses, which appear to be fine - but will replace today as a matter of course. One worry at 35A fuse was located in a 10A screw in fuse housing!

Read the forum on charger, but that appears to be working.

Problem: No water pump function, no external light, not all lighting working....

So the question is have I missed anything, as I suspect fuses are not the issue!

Known history:

- water heater is defunct, needs exploring but disconnected
- battery was flat, but charged and holding 12.8v (supposed to be new in the last 2 years, have seen same model on sale.)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Get in touch with Andy or Ash over at Swift Talk forum, find it via Google. They may be able to help.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
If you have recently had a towbar fitted double check that the 12s /grey socket is wired to suit a pre 98 caravan as the wiring was altered then
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/1022790/towbar-wirin...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts