13 core cable/plug

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi my car has a 13 pin socket and I'd like to convert my van to a 13 pin plug to match. Far superior to our 7 pin plugs in my opinion. Trouble is I cant seem to find anywhere that sells a 13 pin plug pre-wired with a few meters of cable (coily plug end even better) for the love of me! Any one know where I might find one? Otherwise I'll have to wait until I get on the continent! Thanks Andy P.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I understand that you can buy a short adaption cable for 13 pin continental sockets/plugs.

I am not sure whether the adaptor cable is

1- Car twin plugs to 13 pin socket or

2 13 plug to van twin sockets.

surely your local dealer can advise?

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can get the 13 pin plug and 13 core cable by the metre from Towsure. If you go to www.towsure-expo.co.uk they have a 10% reduction at the moment. The plug is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy suggest you try comercial truck parts suppliers as the part you require is used on artics or auto electric suppliers. Dont think you will get it at caravan dealers. good hunting brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy, what about using a connector cable which has a 13 pin plug from the car which splits to two 7 pin sockets ( N & S ) for the caravan. They have got them at Towsure

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for replies and suggestions. I already have a 13 pin plg to 2x7pin sockets (FKG you can buy the reverse of this too if required) but it just looks so ugly and long, tied up with cable ties in a loop to stop it dragging on the road.

What I picture is a nice single coily lead coming out of front of drawbar to a single 13 pin plug attached to car. So neat and simple. Also should my van ever be stolen there is always the chance (small admittedly) that some oik towing it with no road lights on the back of his transit pick-up (oops am I stereo-typing, sorry reputable builders), might just get stopped and checked by the police! Andy Palmer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts