Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
My 50 year old son is always asking about my family history , so went on line today and found my Father does not exist ,then my Mother plus my two grand parents on both side of the families. So no way am i going to pay if a simple question like i put in as i know all the dates . Any one else been on it ?.

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Robert - I had no problems and easily found my wife's and my grandparents with little information. I was impressed with the speed, of the website, as I assumed there were many people looking at it.

When the last census was released it crashed on it's first day !

Bill

G

I am afraid here in Scotland we will not see it for another 2 years. Evidently due to legal reasons the Census cannot be released for 100 years. Also the Powers that Be will use that data for the next Census in 2011. Not sure I understand all of that but evidently that is the way it goes.

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Lisa - if you just want to look at the 'one liners' covering headings like last name, first name, age in 1911, area etc. it is free.

I you want more detailed information you have to buy 'credits'.

Bill

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi Bill

If you are having trouble finding people on the census please note the following:

1. Currently only England is fully live, wales coming soon and Scotland later as stated earlier.

2. From my usage so far they do not seem to have a name varient search so if the name you are searching for has been mis-transcribed you will not find it.

3. Because of above try different ways of spelling your name if like mine it is often spelt incorrectly.

Hope this helps

Barkng

TRENDING THREADS