1984 Topaz Eccles WINDOWS

Apr 12, 2024
Visit site
Hi. I am searching for a front, side and toilet window for my 1984 Topaz Eccles caravan - can anyone help or point me in the direction where I may be able to source these windows? Originals would be great but I'm more than happy to fit suitable alternatives if available. Any feedback would be appreciated, Ben.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
For a 40 year old caravan I think you are going to struggle to find any used ones, let alone new!

Have a look on the windows to see if there are any manufacturers names and/or serial numbers. That might give you a starting point. There are a few caravan breakers who might be able to help once you have identified any maker and/or serial numbers, but the age of your caravan is probably going to be the biggest problem unless the particular windows are still in use. Are they single of double glazed, if single then I reckon your task is enormous.!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
For a 40 year old caravan I think you are going to struggle to find any used ones, let alone new!

Have a look on the windows to see if there are any manufacturers names and/or serial numbers. That might give you a starting point. There are a few caravan breakers who might be able to help once you have identified any maker and/or serial numbers, but the age of your caravan is probably going to be the biggest problem unless the particular windows are still in use. Are they single of double glazed, if single then I reckon your task is enormous.!
As an '84 model it'll have plastic windows, not glass, and the single-glazed plastic windows were the same as double-glazed but without the inner panel- so double-glazed could be used instead of single - but I agree the rarity will be the major issue.

Apr 12, 2024
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

I'll take a look at the windows this evening to see if I can find any names and/or serial numbers.

If none can be sourced is my only option to get a company to make them? I was hoping this was not the case as the caravan was purchased cheap as the idea was to renovate and the windows could end up costing more than the van itself.

Guess I'll continue to look....

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2024
Visit site
As an '84 model it'll have plastic windows, not glass, and the single-glazed plastic windows were the same as double-glazed but without the inner panel- so double-glazed could be used instead of single - but I agree the rarity will be the major issue.
Thanks for the response.

Guess I'll continue to check with breakers and the internet to try and source some.

Thanks.

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
I wonder if they could be made from polycarbonate ..it's tougher than acrylic that's used on modern caravans..a friend with a boat has his changed from acrylic to poly for that reason

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts