1993 SWIFT - PMS4 - 12V SWITCH LIGHT FAULT ?

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
IMG_1450_zpsxdjltraf.jpg

IMG_1452_zpshc8r5ids.jpg

Hi all,
Uncovered our van today, and started getting it ready for our first trip of the year.
No nasty surprises thankfully.
We had a new battery charger fitted shortly after buying the van, as the inbuilt one had failed. That is the box on the right hand of the top picture.
I noticed today that the 12 v switch on the PMS4 system - box on the left of the top picture, was flickering whilst on. I have never noticed it do this before.

Can anyone suggest possible reasons / causes, and whether it is anything to worry about ?
everything works as it should, so at the moment it doesnt seem to be affecting anything, but I could be wrong.

Cheers

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........most likely reasons are the switch contacts are not making a good contact which could be caused by damp or slight oxidation.
The bulb is on the way out or objecting to the 14.4 volts that the Amperor smart charger can deliver.

I would see if the bulb flickering sorts itself out with use of the caravan.
I have an Amperor smart charger in a 1995 Swift and they are a brilliant piece of kit.

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
........most likely reasons are the switch contacts are not making a good contact which could be caused by damp or slight oxidation.
The bulb is on the way out or objecting to the 14.4 volts that the Amperor smart charger can deliver.

I would see if the bulb flickering sorts itself out with use of the caravan.
I have an Amperor smart charger in a 1995 Swift and they are a brilliant piece of kit.

Thanks for that. I will monitor it until we go away.
Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

The new charger was recommended to us, and the guys did a great job fitting it, no complaints about that.
Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts