20 yrold Peugeot Boxer Elddis 350s grey water prob

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi there guys and gals from me, a newbie to motorhoming in and outs.

My old girl is having probs with her grey water, if I open the outside tap under the rear bumper to let the grey water run out nothing happens, even if I have the kitchen tap inside running.
But, I do have water escaping from the carver cascade, where it says “drain in freezing temperature “ or words similar.

I’m wondering what the problem is? Can anyone here help please?

Many thanks,
Joyful8

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi joyful,Google an exploded diagram of your cascade heater,I assume where your water is coming out is where a winter drain down plug should be fitted.Sounds to me like someone has removed plug,drained water and lost/forgotten to put plug back in and your water is escaping at easiest port.hope you get sorted/or someone comes on with a better reply,cheers.

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Hey Thanks so much! I’ve just googled and got diagrams and don’t understand any! Lol
May I ask......
Which plug didn’t get put back in .... into the carver? I will go look! I’ve never had the hot water on and I’ve only used the van a few times. All still new to me.

Also, is this the reason no water is coming out of the drain which is open?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers
Joyful

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I know very little about motor homes but... our previous caravan had a carver cascade, on the outside of van there was a drain plug that had a wide straight groove in it and was located at the bottom of the carver cascade, to open it you need a large flat blade screwdriver and when it’s out the hole that’s there is probably half an inch wide, wide enough to put your finger in at least, also at the top of the carver was a much smaller cap which just turned a half turn and was to let the air in when draining the tank, if either of these are open then you will get water coming out.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Joyful8 said:

My old girl is having probs with her grey water, if I open the outside tap under the rear bumper to let the grey water run out nothing happens, even if I have the kitchen tap inside running.
But, I do have water escaping from the carver cascade, where it says “drain in freezing temperature “ or words similar.

Many thanks,
Joyful8

HI Joyfuĺ 18 , I know you are getting answers from the folks on the "Caravan" forum , and its nice to have you here, try a forum for dedicated motor homes to maybe get an answer, and then come back to the forum members here. :p

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Thank you Beehpee, ! That’s great info! I think you’re right and it’s these that must have caused the problem ! I think they have been left open after the winter and forgotten to closed, so I shall now go and look! Very helpful info, thanks again for your time !

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Thank you everyone!
It seems that’s the Carver Cascade plastic screw had split! It’s now out of the thread and I’ve ordered a new one!
I’m hoping now it will solve the problem.

Thanks again
Joyful

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi Hutch,

I hadn’t realised I was asking questions in the wrong forum! Lol
I googled my problem and this one popped up and now I’ve happily been helped here!

Thanks to all

Joyful

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Joyful8 said:
Hi Hutch,

I hadn’t realised I was asking questions in the wrong forum! Lol
I googled my problem and this one popped up and now I’ve happily been helped here!

Thanks to all

Joyful

Joyfull , no problems, nice to have you on this forum, lots of usefull info for both caravans and Motorhomes, just trying to help. And hopefully it did. :p happy touring.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Joyful8 said:

Many thanks,
Joyful8

HI Joyfuĺ 18 , I know you are getting answers from the folks on the "Caravan" forum , and its nice to have you here, try a forum for dedicated motor homes to maybe get an answer, and then come back to the forum members here. :p

While I was happy to give Joyfull advice on her query on wheelocks/security for her motorhome I also recommended that she might get more specific answers from a forum that covers motorhome, like the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts