2007 Forum Users " Run to the Sun "

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Inspired by the distance travelled by Lutz for the easter meet, I think next year we should return the favour.

Is anyone interested in a holiday 'rally' next year for two weeks somewhere in mainland Europe. Im sure Lutz and others could suggest some really good sites.(How big is your garden Lutz ?).

If anyone is interested we would need to start planning soon.

I have no idea what is involved to organise this so welcome your help / suggestions.

Brian (",)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Dates will be a problem Steve as different parts of the country have different school holidays.But I think if we start now we should be able to find a time good for all of us .

Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I am honoured! It may be a bit difficult to co-ordinate a timeframe of two weeks that would suit everyone but one could give it a try. We live only about half an hour's drive from the prettiest part of the Rhine Valley and there are enough sights in the cities of Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden, all almost within a stone's throw, so it would make an ideal location. Besides, it is easy to get to - when towing, about 7 hours of actual driving from Calais (as I proved yesterday, it can be done in a day, including the ferry crossing, but 2 days would be less stressful) and it's all toll-free motorway. In June, there is a Caravan Club rally to a local site and I wouldn't mind organising something similar if there is any real interest. Regarding our back garden, it's not very big at all but there is a quiet access road behind where up to about 4 caravans could stay in comfort without getting in anyone's way. And we could run electrical hookups to each without a problem. Otherwise, there are enough camping sites in the area, so please yourselves. Have a think about it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brilliant idea and we would love to do it - but we will be in Australia for 5 weeks in May and so unlikely to be able to take much more time off.

Having worked and had many short breaks in Belgium - I can certainly recommend it. Certainly worth considering.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know about that, it was a hard job keeping Lutz sober at the last meet, I shudder to think what he would be like next to all those vineyards...BTW, Lutz, is everything ok? I have had to answer a whole technical question while you have been away, quick take the reigns, I dont like them!

Actually, we have been flirting with the idea of going abroad, so at this stage of the game count us in. Perhaps PC might lend a hand this time?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I don't know about that, it was a hard job keeping Lutz sober at the last meet, I shudder to think what he would be like next to all those vineyards...BTW, Lutz, is everything ok? I have had to answer a whole technical question while you have been away, quick take the reigns, I dont like them!

Actually, we have been flirting with the idea of going abroad, so at this stage of the game count us in. Perhaps PC might lend a hand this time?
Yes, Lol, everything under control.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
While Germany is a great place and I could do with going there for a little , err, shopping, how about spending one week in Southern Germany and another in Spain? We have never been to Spain, so we don't know what we would need, but I know of an excellent forum for finding out.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Spain is perhaps a bit off to one side if you're going to Germany, too, but Germany and Italy would be an ideal combination as the route is basically the same.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What, with all those broken down Alfa's and Fiats, will we ever be able to get through?

Ok, the rule is "If I cant see you, you can't see me", let's hide.....

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
so you sit on here till five minutes before they are due back and then madly rush around like you've been busy !!!!! ha ha

know it well !!!!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I am honoured! It may be a bit difficult to co-ordinate a timeframe of two weeks that would suit everyone but one could give it a try. We live only about half an hour's drive from the prettiest part of the Rhine Valley and there are enough sights in the cities of Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden, all almost within a stone's throw, so it would make an ideal location. Besides, it is easy to get to - when towing, about 7 hours of actual driving from Calais (as I proved yesterday, it can be done in a day, including the ferry crossing, but 2 days would be less stressful) and it's all toll-free motorway. In June, there is a Caravan Club rally to a local site and I wouldn't mind organising something similar if there is any real interest. Regarding our back garden, it's not very big at all but there is a quiet access road behind where up to about 4 caravans could stay in comfort without getting in anyone's way. And we could run electrical hookups to each without a problem. Otherwise, there are enough camping sites in the area, so please yourselves. Have a think about it.
I would love to go ,i havent been to Deutschland for years its certainly a beautiful country ,we could open a few bottles of Weissbier and have a Forum Fest

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How about France? Not too far for the first continental outing and if it's the south, the weather should be good. Anyone with experience of camp sites like to comment?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Wherever you finally decide where to go, but particularly if it's going to be on the Continent, it would be beneficial to have someone with local knowledge to co-ordinate the planning at the other end prior to the group's arrival, especially if something goes wrong and needs to be sorted out in a foreign language (remember Murphy's Law). So, if it's going to be the south of France, for example, I'd suggest some local ex-pat or caravanner staying there on a long term basis is involved.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
As much as I love Germany, "Run to the Sun" and Germany do not fit my experiences there over many years.

In June July and August I've been burnt one day and nearly washed away another. Driving on th Autobahns for hours on end in power boating conditions.

If your into Gambling you may be in luck. Spain, France or Italy are more likely for a run to the Sun.

Why do you thing all the sun beds are nicked by you know who in Spain ;-0

Stereotypical Joke Lutz ;-)

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lol,

South of France? We are off to those parts 7th -21st August. We had a holiday in the old van some years ago. We ended up at a place called Pezanas down near Cap Dag or Cape Dag if you prefer right on the Med. WOW! It was so...........French!! The weather was fantastic, the area is lovely and I have never forgotten it so we are returning this year. We stayed on the local council site- that sounds dreadful but it was the most gorgeous site. Everything you needed- pool, barbeque etc etc. Best hol ever!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol,

South of France? We are off to those parts 7th -21st August. We had a holiday in the old van some years ago. We ended up at a place called Pezanas down near Cap Dag or Cape Dag if you prefer right on the Med. WOW! It was so...........French!! The weather was fantastic, the area is lovely and I have never forgotten it so we are returning this year. We stayed on the local council site- that sounds dreadful but it was the most gorgeous site. Everything you needed- pool, barbeque etc etc. Best hol ever!
Thanks Merve, Cape dag (despite the name) sounds like an ideal place to go, just got to try and convince the rest to go next year.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol,

South of France could be good, at least Big Roy could wear his thong. ;O)

TRENDING THREADS