2007 Six berth vans, single axle.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Started looking to replace our van and decided that we need a comparison site similar to the big test that PC do but with more than the 3 vans they did in August edition. Does anyone know if such a thing exists please - or do I have to make my own!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i have an avondale dart 556/6 its very nose heavy so you need a big stong car to take the nose weight of 91%. we have had it a year but my 12 year old doesnt like the curve on the roof at the back of the van on the top bunk my 11 year old neice said the same thing. we dont use the shower cos its so small and theres hardly any work space. we only have 2 kids so we are going to upgrade to a fixed bed in the near future.

sorry if i put you off im just being honest.

some people love it i dont.

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi again, fleetwood are bringing out a new fixed bed in the sonata range.its a fixed bed side dinette and lounge.i only have a small picture in a mag but ring them and see.there still updating there website well they were a couple of days ago.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Derek mentioned the Bailey Pagent Bretagne. That is one of several on my shopping list to replace my Avondale Rialto 535, would appreciate peoples views on what these vans are like in use. What is the build quality like etc etc.

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We upgraded this summer to a new Bailey Bretangue. Since purchase we have done a few weekends away and a summer holiday lasting just short of 3 weeks. We are a family of 5, 3 kids age 7,8,9, one of whom has autistic spectrum disorder, space is important to us.

We as a family really like the caravan. Kids and us have space, the front lounge can be made up as a double bed or 2 singles, hubby is about 6ft and he can lounge / sleep lengthways on the front, the side dinette is used by the kids for playing games, reading etc also converts into 2 decent size bunks. Kids love the bunks on the back for sleeping and lounging in. The bottom bunk is a bit shorter than the top bunk, not a problem for us. The cupboard at the back, on your right as you enter the caravan works well as a store for the kids toys, dust pan and brush etc. There's lots of space under the bottom bunk at the back, access to storage under the front seats is good, there are numerous top cupboards. The toilet has a number of cupboards for storing toiletries. The removeable carpets live in the house at present. We like the windows at the back of the van, it means we can keep see around the caravan to keep an eye on the kids. The ladders for the bunks are kind to the kids feet.

A couple of slight niggles, we are having an aerial socket put in the front dinette, to enable us to have the TV on the front chest, as opposed to the area betweeen the 2 seating areas, will give us better visiblity from both seating areas and bunks at the back. We requested this as an extra from the dealer before delivery, it wasn't done, but van will be returning to dealer for this sorting out.

There is an electric socket point on the side next to the sink, by the seating area, not the most convenient of places, but is workable.

There is a lack of lights at the back at night time, you don't have a top light, you have the light for each bunk. The controls for the cooker may not be to everyone's liking.

The niggles are minor things for us. We have a full awning for long holidays, a porch awning for muddy wellies on weekends. We have also been away without putting an awning up and it worked fine. We're even thinking about our daughter taking a friend with her in the future. We have no regrets about buying the van to date. Bailey customer services were very good when we contacted them to ask for photographs of the inside of the Bretangue to show our Autistic son, to help prepare him for the change of caravan.They sent us several photo's, it really helped.

Hope this helps

Annette

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts