2013 Coachman Pastiche 460/2

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi All, just changed my van to the above and it is the first van I've had with Alko ATC, my concern is when the van is plugged in and the ATC jumps into life, will it run down my battery if the car engine isn't running?
My second query regarding the same van, when I use the shower, there seems plenty of hot water and pressure but it runs from hot to cold and hot again and just keeps cycling, one second you are freezing and 4 seconds later you have to jump out of the shower as it's too hot.
Your comments would be welcome.

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re your ATC. It will draw somewhere in the region of 10-12 amps momentarily as you connect it, but thereafter the draw is next to nothing, so no danger of it flatening the battery.
Sorry, can't help you with your shower query.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello colin, I cant add anything about the ATC, but the shower problem has been seen several times before.
When you have a shower does the pump run all the time or does it cycle on and off. My guess it cycles, and the water temperature follows the same timing. If this is the case then you can try two things. teh first is to reduce the pressure switch setting, so the pumps runs continuously when you shower or have a surge damper fitted to teh cold pipe work. This will allow the pressure in both the hot and the cold supply pipes to follow more closely eveneing out the pulses of cold water you currently get.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Past_it said:
Hi All, just changed my van to the above and it is the first van I've had with Alko ATC, my concern is when the van is plugged in and the ATC jumps into life, will it run down my battery if the car engine isn't running?
My second query regarding the same van, when I use the shower, there seems plenty of hot water and pressure but it runs from hot to cold and hot again and just keeps cycling, one second you are freezing and 4 seconds later you have to jump out of the shower as it's too hot.
Your comments would be welcome.
If the car engine is not running the ATC should not activate and drain your battery. It is only and LED that is glowing so hardly drawing any current.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts