2016 Lunar Venus. Intelegent control panel???

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Just had an odd one. I parked up my caravan 4 days ago and the thought flashed through my mind today 'did I turn the motor mover off?'. Went out and checked and sure enough it was on. Turned it off and turned the main panel on to check the battery. The panel came on but the battery was low - it has coloured LEDs to show the level, the green ones were off, amber and red on (12-12.4v according to the manual). I have a usb charger that plugs into the 12v sockets and displays the voltage, plugged it in and the sockets were dead. Checked the lights, the two main living area lights came on but the 3 bathroom lights, reading lights and counter lights wouldn't work. The toilet pump and water pumps worked. Checked the battery directly with a multimeter, 12.2v. I plugged in the EHU and went inside to check the manual to see if there was a comon fuse. When I went back out everything worked again.

There's nothing in the manual but I'm guessing that the control panel shuts things down in stages so you don't loose everything at once - the essential things stay powered but the none essential things are turned off as the battery voltage drops. Can anyone confirm this?

1700136626503.png

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The motor mover if fitted correctly, should automatically shut down after awhile of no use. Was the 12v also switched off?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How a caravan mover responds to lack of action will depend on how the circuit has been designed, so different modes may well respond differently.

However , where the mover uses a wireless link with the handset, the control circuit in the caravan must have some residual current usage to keep the wireless receiver in stand by and waiting for signal from the handset.

Exactly how each maker and model handles this may be different, so its entirely possible the onboard motor controller may continue to draw some power even though the owner is not using the mover.

Edit It is always wise to make sure you do turn the isolator off, a to prevent any power usage, and also to prevent any accidental mover operation possibly by interference from any other nearby controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardy
Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
The motor mover if fitted correctly, should automatically shut down after awhile of no use. Was the 12v also switched off?
It goes into 'hibernation' mode after 20 minutes if it's not used, but it still draws some power, probably not much but the manual isn't specific about how much. Yes the 12v was switched off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts