2018 Compass Casita 462 review

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The Compass range looks good and is competitive pricewise. The lack of external lockers and a service light is part of the way they keep the price down so I would not criticise that. I would need evidence of improved build though before buying anything from them but they looked OK when I saw them.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's funny as "whats goes around" comes around. Our first caravan was a two berth end kitchen, then over the recent years the standard two berth has been for a large dressing room, shower,toilet area at the rear. The penalty being that with the kitchen in the middle of the caravan the seats are shorter than I like. With the trend now to some caravans with end kitchen the two front seats are almost long enough to sleep on, and certain;y enough for a post prandial nap.

But how I wish for a larger payload, or at least the option to go up to 200kg, even if it meant an upgrade to the axle. Another 60kg on payload would still have you caravan below 1300kg MTPLM. Hardly a monster. Trigano can do it with their Carvelairs.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You can upgrade the MTPLM by 100 kg if you wish to give you a decent payload.
otherclive said:
It's funny as "whats goes around" comes around. Our first caravan was a two berth end kitchen, then over the recent years the standard two berth has been for a large dressing room, shower,toilet area at the rear. The penalty being that with the kitchen in the middle of the caravan the seats are shorter than I like. With the trend now to some caravans with end kitchen the two front seats are almost long enough to sleep on, and certain;y enough for a post prandial nap.

But how I wish for a larger payload, or at least the option to go up to 200kg, even if it meant an upgrade to the axle. Another 60kg on payload would still have you caravan below 1300kg MTPLM. Hardly a monster. Trigano can do it with their Carvelairs.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
You can upgrade the MTPLM by 100 kg if you wish to give you a decent payload.
otherclive said:

That’s more like it. Thank you. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts