2018 Knaus StarClass 480 review

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure that I have much trust in the photographs used to 'show off' this caravan.

Pictures 2/16 & 9/16 show the below sink drawer having the drawer handle in a central location.

Picture 12/16 shows the handle offset to the left, with the drawer front extending far beyond the sink unit and towards the front of the caravan.

What else is photo enhanced ? It does not inspire trust or confidence.

It's a caravan not Beyonce, not that Beyonce needs photo-shopping to be a winner for me :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo, the picture of the open drawer, being extended is an optical illusion. .
I suppose you cant go to spec savers due to the snow. :p

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Anseo, the picture of the open drawer, being extended is an optical illusion. .
I suppose you cant go to spec savers due to the snow. :p

Yooooooooooooo are awful (but I like you). :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Doger, i have just checked up and the 480 Has electric under floor heating and a Truma combi boiler for water and blown Air. The Alde heating is an option.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is a superb caravan and not as heavy as the report suggests when you look at the payload allowance. I cannot see many couples using the full amount and so an actual weight when towing is probably going to be below 1450 kg.
The storage looks adequate for two and given the size of the body the Truma should be more than adequate so the Alde might just make the caravan heavier with very little advantage. I do not like microwaves over the hob as this is potentially dangerous.
As for the price you get what you pay for, not sure it is the Rolls Royce of caravans, but it is well on the way to that, but needs a bit more care in the standard of finish..

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you add in the ALDE heating then it makes the caravan very expensive. The other thing is that the payload is then no different to British caravans if adding the ALDE heating. Granted it is a well made caravan there is no denying that, but one strange thing we noticed that the blinds did not come to the past the bottom of the windows which will then let in a lot of light in the mornings when you want to lie in. When I tried the front skyscape blind it jumped out of its runners. The 2017 caravan we looked at never even had an aerial although there was wiring in for the aerial system? To bring it to the equivalent of a top British caravan placed the Knaus TA caravan at about £34K.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts