2019 Coachman VIP 460

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Reading the review of the 2019 Coachman VIP and the plaudits for its extended length I see its the same shipping length as the previous model so I guess any extension must come from the inside layout. It looks a nice van but only has 125 kg payload, of which mover, one gas bottle (lite) and battery would take 70kgs, leaving you 55kgs for other stuff. So much for putting the Lafumas inside! Why UK makers don't adopt German, and French practice and offer decent payload upgrades beats me. I know its because our cars are getting lighter and the makers want to sell new vans to owners of the lighter cars. But don't German, French Dutch caravaners drive the self same cars?

Does anyone know if the VIP 460 payload can be upgraded and to what level? Otherwise it could be a Knaus Starclass the the PBs come in!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree the caravan looks nice but the payload is inadequate but Coachman are not alone in this. I would think that the MTPLM can be increased but you would need to speak to the dealer about that.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
OC, I have just looked at the VIP 460 specs and it says the MPTLM can be upgraded from 1300kg to 1500kg . So that would be a help.

When I asked about an Upgrade, Coachman told me Only the original owner and only in the first year, but that was 5 years ago

OC I made a mistake the Upgrade is from 1425 kg MTPLM upto 1500kg. Just 75 kg, but I suppose you end up with 200kg to play with.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
OC, I have just looked at the VIP 460 specs and it says the MPTLM can be upgraded from 1300kg to 1500kg . So that would be a help.

When I asked about an Upgrade, Coachman told me Only the original owner and only in the first year, but that was 5 years ago

Hutch
The MIRO is 1300kg. What Coachman are offering is a relatively small ([typical of U.K. makes) upgrade of the MTPLM. It is useful if only to cover the addition of a mover and an extra gas bottle. Why they limit it to the first owner and then only in year 1 is really puzzling. At least Swift offer it to subsequent registered owners and I got mine done in year 5.
It’s worth looking at the Knaus website to see the upgrade potentials which are priced too. If s new van is being upgraded during manufacture the payload increase is substantial and costs a relatively small sum. From
memory less than 500 Euros. Also all accesssories available are listed together with their cost and effect on payload. The Knaus web brochure is an object lesson in how it should be done.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Coachman used to be the best for customer service but from recent reports they seem to be near the bottom these days. Sad really.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts