2019 Lunar Clubman - Dometic blinds problem

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks,
Can anyone out there help please.
Nearside window blind has collapsed upon closing it last night on site.
The cords are limp and the blind will no longer stay in place.
I have looked but cannot see anywhere to look inside to investigate if its just a
retensioning job or as I suspect some part of the spring mechanism
has failed. Any advice appreciated, so that I can explain it more fully when I
contact my dealer next week.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As the caravan is so new, re should not be a problem getting the dealer to sort it out, but hopefully the link Thosoneil has posted might help.o

I suggest you take photos of the blind and sent them to your dealer, it shouldn't need you to describe the problem in any more detail than that.

The bottom line is the blind should not have failed, and it is up to the dealer to ensure it is fully repaired or replaced with no delay.

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi
Thanks to you both for replying.
I have looked at the video and will take on board the advice given.
I simply wanted to see if it was a self fix item before contacting the dealer,
again my thanks

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are on site and need the blind then you will need it now and the guarantee is not the problem. Possibly no use until Monday now but if it is a simple repair the dealers could talk you through it on the phone.

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
Just happy to get closure on this item and information to other Lunar owners.
The blind was found to be a Dometic manufacture and just as I reported this to
my dealer, Lunar went into Liquidation. My dealer was optimistic of obtaining the new
blind, but the difficulty was that it was not a standard size, ie it was made to Lunar specs.
Unfortunately no access could be obtained to the Lunar/Dometic files at the factory
and we have been in no mans land awaiting the new company being set up, when hopefully
all specs could be found, to order the replacement. We also suffered a second blind that
the mechanism has failed and we now have 2 sets of small bulldog clips holding the broken
blinds (either up or down) But good news at last, Lunar Automotive have now ordered
the new blinds, (and they are honouring warranty for 2017/8/9 vans (but have to be the
supplying dealer only) and they arrived last week and today we have taken the van into
them and they have been replaced. So six months, but we are there.
Thanks again to those who gave advice - appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts