2021 bailey grande rimini se

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve got a 2018 Rimini GT70, no problem with the axle problem, I read somewhere the axle issue got sorted late 16 early 17, we absolutely love ours, straining at the leash to get away.

BP

Reactions: billy
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Good grief-obviously not then Mel-sorry. We moved from our lovely Bailey to an even lovelier Buccaneer-though we very nearly bought the Alicanto because we were pleased with Bailey construction and read some Buc horror stories-but I was always worried about the wooden floor-not the strap -had we had one now I'd be worrying about both! Our Buc so far has been nigh on perfect-worry about the front window sealing strip but so far so good-you can't win can you? We basically looked at all the similarly priced vans and bought with the heart-and am glad !

Reactions: Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
so was it overloading ?
was it sorted under warranty ?
how old was the van when it happened
any tell tale signs to look for ?
It was the roof strap not the axle so not related to loading. It is being sorted under warranty but we have had a really long wait for the part. The van was 1 year old. The tell tale signs of a problem was the river of water running down the inside wall when it rained. 😀
Mel

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
BTW here is a link to an issue with the axle on some Baileys. https://worldwidewalkies.blog/2018/02/10/bailey-alko-axle-problem/
I had read about how that Owner put his case together and admired the painstaking approach. I fear not many could do the same. My axle dropped on the offside and had to be replaced. However mine wasn’t as new as the one referenced above so I had to pay it myself as I had no idea how the previous owner had loaded the caravan. What irked me though was that at one time Alko would take axles for reconditioning but not any longer, so a brand new axle plus brake assemblies set me back a goodly amount. Then I found out about the fact that some 2018 brake assemblies were problematic. But that Alko would support the exchange. Fortunately mine hasn’t been affected as it was checked in December 2020 at its service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts