25 Ways to Improve Caravan Security

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I once read that most caravan dealers have one key which fits all the caravans of a particular make and perhaps other makes which use the same lock manufacturer and that one caravan dealer had his (called Key to Pass) stolen, which meant that the thief had a key which would open every caravan of that make in the UK.
This was the case some years back, as the caravans all used the same simple lock from the same manufacturer with spare keys available from any dealer. It was fairly common for people on site who mislaid their key to see if anyone else had the same one. I do not believe there was a single key to pen all f them but if I remember correctly there was possibly about thirty in the set.
The caravans on sale now no longer have this problem, as the keys are mostly individual to the caravan.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
This was the case some years back, as the caravans all used the same simple lock from the same manufacturer with spare keys available from any dealer. It was fairly common for people on site who mislaid their key to see if anyone else had the same one. I do not believe there was a single key to pen all f them but if I remember correctly there was possibly about thirty in the set.
The caravans on sale now no longer have this problem, as the keys are mostly individual to the caravan.
Haha, I remember as a kid when we used to go on Swift Owners Club rallies people losing keys and everyone else trying to see if theirs worked. (that's what i was told, but it was the 70s ;) )
I remember our old Pirouette had a key code of MC35.
Funny what you remember

Reactions: Beachball
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I once read that most caravan dealers have one key which fits all the caravans of a particular make and perhaps other makes which use the same lock manufacturer and that one caravan dealer had his (called Key to Pass) stolen, which meant that the thief had a key which would open every caravan of that make in the UK.
It is called a crowbar. And damages the door.
There's no need to be so brutal and use a crowbar. I have on more than one occasion been able to enter my caravan following a mislaid key without damaging anything.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I remember as a kid when we used to go on Swift Owners Club rallies people losing keys and everyone else trying to see if theirs worked. (that's what i was told, but it was the 70s ;) )
I remember our old Pirouette had a key code of MC35.
Funny what you remember
That happen to us some years back we mislaid our keys to our van but lucky for us we were only about 45 miles from home so went all the way home and pick up the spare set so now we always carry two sets .(y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts