40+ and how to deal with it?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I agree Colin, it was a good win for Scotland and I was rooting for them. Isn't it strange though, if it was an England - France match the Jocks rooting for England would be as rare as rocking horse sh*t. That is unless they were sat in a pub full of English ;O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
This reminded me of a story a quite few years ago - a colleague and myself were sent to collect a patient from Edinburgh Royal, he had had an heart attack at a Scottish New Years party and we were going to transfer him to the ITU at our local hospital so he could be nearer home. Some might remember the time but it was in the week after England played Scotland at Murrayfield and in the dying seconds England had a controversial touch down which won them the match. Before the day we left and on the way up I was constantly telling my mate not to mention rugby or Murrayfield, I even made him promise not to. On the outskirts of Edinburgh we came to a large roundabout with a police car parked close by so we decided to ask for directions. The one copper seeing where we were from asked if we had taken the wrong turning. I told him no, we had come up to collect a load of Murrayfield turf. My mate looked at me and said "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO B*STARD". We stayed overnight at the hospital and outside casualty on the way for a pint we stopped chatting and winding up our Scottish colleagues over the refs decision. On our way back, now a few beers the worse for wear, the same Scottish colleagues were in the ambulance queue outside casualty so we had a bit more banter. They took it all in good heart even though they were spitting feathers heheheh!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
I will be 40 in 4 years, you got me worried now as I have been cynical for years! - I am dreading reaching 40 as I cried when I got to 30!, god only knows what I will do the day my life begins!

****** the diet, you are what you are, and anyway couldn't do without the alcohol!

Lolly x

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lolly

It's not bad at all. Just wish I could afford Botox.

Yep, you are what you are. I've been doing a bit of research into alcohol and it's actually quite good for you. That's why I look so healthy.

Lisa.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I will be 40 in 4 years, you got me worried now as I have been cynical for years! - I am dreading reaching 40 as I cried when I got to 30!, god only knows what I will do the day my life begins!

****** the diet, you are what you are, and anyway couldn't do without the alcohol!

Lolly x
lolly on your 40th birthday I can almost guarantee you wont feel any different than the day before. I cant guarantee the day after though, that depends on your alcohol consumption ;O)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm worried about Lol. If only he had asked me for advice on healthy living before he completely cut out alcohol.

There hasn't been anything on the local news, so he can't have died under suspicious circumstances.

Lisa.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
My diagnosis of Lols affliction is that he's going through the menopause and he's probably curled up in a ball inside his van. The prognosis is good once the weather warms up. He may need assistance initially to hook up his van to his vehicle but once on site the dark cloud thats enveloping him will soon lift. I believe he could also be suffering from Seasonal Affected Disorder and if so a combination of the two is bound to make him go on a downer. This can cause him to grow boobs and get bitchy at the slightest little thing, making decisions and 30 seconds later changing his mind and denying he had made a decision in the first place. Long periods of silence can follow with sudden eruptions of violent threats, tears soon follow. At this time blackmail is a speciality to get his own way. In short bursts he may become affectionate to those close to him but beware. In the female its called PMSing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
L M A O

Thanks for your advice/observations/obituary! That's why I like this forum, when your down, you peeps can cheer anybody up, or put him or her in a straight jacket whichever comes first. I haven't had much time on here the last few days and the goddess that I'm married to is already complaining that she's an internet widow. I managed to have a single can Of Stella last night, and I now know, the blues are not attributed to the age thingy. It's the booze thingy! It was a moral dilemma though, I was offered half (a large) tube of Smarties and knew it would be wrong to have them while on a diet, my mind searched for an alternative, but in it's bemused state, came up with beer.

So the wife got her chocolate and I found out the meaning of life, fair trade I would say. Still can't believe she ate the whole tube though!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
L M A O

Thanks for your advice/observations/obituary! That's why I like this forum, when your down, you peeps can cheer anybody up, or put him or her in a straight jacket whichever comes first. I haven't had much time on here the last few days and the goddess that I'm married to is already complaining that she's an internet widow. I managed to have a single can Of Stella last night, and I now know, the blues are not attributed to the age thingy. It's the booze thingy! It was a moral dilemma though, I was offered half (a large) tube of Smarties and knew it would be wrong to have them while on a diet, my mind searched for an alternative, but in it's bemused state, came up with beer.

So the wife got her chocolate and I found out the meaning of life, fair trade I would say. Still can't believe she ate the whole tube though!
Well done. Will you be partaking of the 'a' at easter or will you be on cucumber juice?

Lisa

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
I have this on my wall at work - can't take credit for it (my sister in law sent it me a while ago)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO" what a ride!"

There was also a nice cartoon with it that unfortunately I can't share with you.

I now try to have this as my motto when i want chocolate (but scales say no!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
L M A O

Partaking Lisa? I'll have saved enough beer tokens to go swimming in the stuff, which I fully intend to do. I'm just wondering if I can apologise enough in advance to see me through...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have that one next to my desk also, always makes me smile.

Im actually 49 and 5 quarters now........ not sure when I will hit the big 50 but not doing it until Im good and ready!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts